Website Celtic Management Services
Greetings from Celtic Management Services
The team is working with a new Client for an FTE position to be based Kildare , Ireland and taking them to closure by resolving the issues.
Contract: 6 Months + Extendable
Location: Kildare , Ireland
Visa Sponsorship: Not available
General Description for Deskside JD
This position assists staff with technical support or desktop/laptop computers, applications, printers and related technologies.
Assists staff with installation, configuration and ongoing usability of computers and peripherals within established standards and guidelines
Works with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems
Works with service desk and RDS as appropriate to determine and resolve problems received from clients
Responds to support requests from service desk, users and other infrastructure teams
Performs upgrades as directed to ensure the longevity of equipment
Keep track of request and make sure they are implemented as planned
Participate in incident handling concerning desktop changes.
Participate in projects concerning bigger desktop changes, for example rollout of new antivirus.
Microsoft environment knowledge (desktop & server).
Have some level of technical understanding of the products building up a desktop service.
Experience from the desktop environment.
Ensures that computers connect seamlessly with diverse systems including validation systems, file servers, email servers, application servers and administrative systems.
Provide weekly reports
Implement best practices
Be the single point of contact with customer
· Exposure on managing remote sites
· Phone support experience necessary.
· Technical helpdesk or technical call center experience is necessary.
· Disciplined, systematic problem solving skills required.
· Windows and Novell Operating systems
· Clients: Windows7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000
· Servers: Windows 2000, Windows 2003, Windows 2008,
· Knowledge of Active Directory, Novell eDirectory, Lotus Notes and Exchange 2003/2007
· ITSM ticketing tools such as Remedy, HP Service Center, Peregrine Service Center
· Remote desktop connectivity applications like SMS, Bomgar, WebEx, Live Meeting, and Windows Native tools
· MS Office Suite (XP, 2003, 2007): MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint, MS-Outlook, MS Project, and MS Visio
· Internet browsers (e.g. Explorer, Chrome, Firefox),
· VPN and remote dial-in users
· Support for laptop, desktops, AV Devices and printers
· PDA and blackberry support
· Apple Ipad Device support
· Others: Adobe Acrobat and other common desktop applications like Winzip, etc
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.